Emergency Preparedness


Disaster Registry

emergency_preparedness_logo1Jackson and Josephine Counties, Oregon

Would you need special help in an emergency?

You might want to apply to be in the Disaster Registry if—in the case of a flood, forest fire or other disaster—you or someone you care for would:

  • Need outside help to safely leave your home during a disaster
  • Be in jeopardy if you stayed in your home, without assistance, for three days;
  • Need special notification about the need for evacuation, due to impairment.

The Disaster Registry provides the names and locations of people who need special assistance to fire, police, health, and rescue workers. Being on the Disaster Registry does not guarantee that you’ll get help first in a disaster. There are so many needs during a disaster that our fire fighters  and police can’t help everyone at once. But if your name is in the Disaster Registry, they will know of your need for special assistance.

If you want to be on the Disaster Registry, or if you want someone for whom you are legally responsible to be on it, please  complete a registration form.

To mail  a Disaster Registry application,  please print this form, fill it out, and mail  it  to this address: SDS RVCOG Disaster Registry, PO Box 3275, Central Point, OR 97502.

To email  a Disaster Registry application, please  complete this  online form and  select  the “Submit by Email” button when you are finished.

Once we receive your application, it may take three months or more for your information to be available to rescue workers.

If you have any questions about the Disaster Registry, please call Senior & Disability Services of Rogue Valley Council of Governments at (541) 664-6674.

Please remember: Even if you are on the Disaster Registry, you should call 911 if you find yourself in a life-threatening situation.



Be prepared yourself:   The GO|STAY|KIT ® is the ultimate tool that will help vulnerable populations in a medical emergency or natural disaster maintain control over their personal medical information.

Whether a person stays at home during a disaster or goes to a shelter, there are certain steps he or she can do to prepare. For instructions about creating a 72-hour Kit for use if you must stay at home, see your county’s Family Emergency Preparedness Handbook  â€”Jackson County  /  Josephine County.   You can also  pick up a free copy from your local county or law enforcement office.

If you are a person who has special needs because of a disability you should make a list ahead of time of items to be packed quickly in case you must leave your home if there is a disaster. Keep a backpack or small suitcase available to pack on short notice, if necessary, with a list, customized to your needs, similar to the one below:

  • Personal hygiene items and a change of clothing
  • An extra set of keys for your house and car
  • Cash, a credit card, and change for a pay phone
  • Your insurance agent’s name and phone number
  • Special needs such as eyeglasses, hearing aid batteries, incontinence supplies, walker, cane, wheelchair—all labeled with your name and phone number
  • A copy of your health information card
  • A few days worth of essential medications and, if you use it, cylinders of oxygen or other essential supplies.

Survey Forms for Agencies involved in Emergency Preparedness


To find out more and to order copies of the GO|STAY|KIT ® please visit www.gostaykit.com.