What We Do
The Rogue Valley Council of Governments (RVCOG) is a voluntary association of local jurisdictions in Jackson and Josephine counties. Through its Senior & Disability Services department, it assists seniors and adults with disabilities. As the Area Agency on Aging for this district, the RVCOG has developed a network of services to help seniors and adults with disabilities live with dignity and independence. A 11- member Disability Services Advisory Council and a 21-member Senior Advisory Council appointed by the RVCOG Board of Directors assist in planning and advocacy.
- Those needing information about any program for seniors or adults with disabilities in our communities.
- Those frail elderly and adults with disabilities least able to care for themselves.
- Those likely to need more costly public service unless they receive immediate help.
- Those needing some assistance because of economic and social factors.
- Those caring for a family member.
Senior and Disability Services is guided by a federally-mandated Four-Year Area Plan. To see the 2021-2025 Area Plan: Click Here
Vaccine Assistance Line
The Oregon Health Authority has set up a vaccine assistance line to provide help and answer questions about COVID-19 vaccinations. The vaccine assistance line can help Oregonians do the
• Talk to health experts who can answer their COVID-19 vaccine questions;
• Make a vaccine appointment;
• Find transportation to and from your appointment;
• Schedule in-home vaccines; or
• Get help with accessibility issues or other obstacles.
To reach the vaccine assistance line, call 1-833-685-0843 Monday through Friday 8am-5pm or send an email to Vaccine.Assistance@dhsoha.state.or.us. Help is available in many languages.