- Call the DEQ Complaint Hotline at 1-888-997-7888 or visit http://www.deq.state.or.us/complaints/rep.htm.
- Refer to the appropriate Agency or Local Contact using the updated Hot Spot Contact List (updated September 2016).
- Document the complant or concern using photos and the Nonpoint Source Pollution Field Data Sheet.
- By request, RVCOG can investigate complaints. Contact Greg Stabach at (541) 423-1370. RVCOG keeps an ongoing record of complaints and field investigations.
- First Quarter – July 1st through September 30th, 2014
- Second Quarter – October 1st through December 31st, 2014
- Third Quarter – January 1st through March 31st, 2015
- Griffin Creek concern August 2013
- Contact List -Revised January 2014
- Blue Green Algae – July 2012. Completed NPS Form.
- Mining Concern – Wolf Creek – August 2012
- Soap versus Foam in local creeks. Fact Sheet from the Charles River Watershed Association.
- Clean Water Benefits All of Us – Info sheet
- Fishing and Blue-Green Algae blooms – info sheet
- E. coli (bacteria)1
- Total suspended solids 3
- Temperature 1, 2
- Conductivity 1
- Phosphorus 1
- Ammonia 1
- Oxygen levels (dissolved oxygen and biological oxygen demand) 3
- pH 1
- Turbidity 1
- Discharge 1
- Macroinvertebrates 1,4
1 Currently monitored
2 Changed to continuous recorders at most locations in Summer 2011.
3 No longer monitored. Sampling ended June 30th, 2011.
4 Parameter added in July 2011.
Results from the monitoring are used in meeting the TMDL requirements, in project effectiveness monitoring, to prioritize restoration projects, and for long term watershed health evaluation. The monitoring program operates under a DEQ approved Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan and RVCOG’s data has been consistently rated as high quality data by DEQ.
The monitoring program is funded by the Cities of Ashland, Talent, Phoenix, Medford, Central Point, and Jacksonville, Jackson County, and the Department of Agriculture (ODA). Other partners that participate in the program include the Department of Forestry (ODF), Rogue Valley Sewer Services (RVS), and the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). Lab space for analyzing samples is donated by the Vernon Thorpe Water Reclamation Facility.
- Click to view Water Resources’ Monitoring Brochure in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Click to view the Bacteria in the Rogue Valley streams document in Acrobat (PDF) format.
Click on the links below for more information on the monitoring program.
- 2005 DNA Fingerprinting (Bacteria Analysis) Report (PDF)
- 2004 complete Monitoring Report in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- 1999 to 2004 Stormdrain Monitoring report edits in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- 2002 to 2003 Draft Monitoring Report in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Draft Data for 2002 in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Draft Exceedence for 2002 in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Draft Data for 2003 in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Draft Exceedence for 2003 in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Draft Stormdrain Exceedence in Acrobat (PDF) format.