Federal and State Assistance Program for Seniors and People with Physical Disabilities
RVCOG under an agreement with the state, partners with the Medicaid Long-Term Care and other Financial Assistance programs which are directly provided by District 8 Aging and People with Disabilities (APD).
APD is a program with the Oregon Department of Human Services. APD is Oregon’s Seniors and People with Physical Disabilities Medicaid program and provides Medicaid Long Term Services and Supports and Other Federal Financial Assistance Programs.
- Medicaid Long Term Services and Supports is the state and federally funded program that provides coverage for long-term care and medical services. The federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) contract with the state of Oregon to provide these programs. Services are provided to eligible individuals aged 65 and older, and younger adults with disabilities aged 18 to 64. APD staff determine financial eligibility for help with medical costs and in some instances, living expenses. Medicaid (Oregon Health Plan – OHP) assistance for financially-eligible persons ranges from Medicare premium payments to help with paying for doctor and hospital visits, dental and prescription costs. For more information, contact the local Medicaid office.
- Other Federal Financial Assistance Programs – For more information, contact the local Medicaid office.
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) formerly known as Food Stamps helps individuals with low incomes stretch their budget to get the food they need for nutritious and well-balanced meals. Those approved for SNAP can use their benefits at many stores, farmers’ markets and senior dining sites.
- Medicaid Transportation, both medical and non-medical, is available for Medicaid-eligible clients through partnership with a local transportation brokerage contracting with Oregon’s Medicaid program.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Program – For prescription drug benefits offered through federal law to all Medicare recipients. , Medicaid staff contact clients or their representatives to determine if the prescription drug benefits program is understood and provide assistance determining eligibility.