Disaster Registry

Jackson and Josephine Counties, Oregon

Would you need special help in an emergency?

You might want to apply to be in the Disaster Registry if in the case of a flood, forest fire or other disaster you or someone you care for would:

  • Need outside help to safely leave your home during a disaster
  • Be in jeopardy if you stayed in your home, without assistance, for three days;
  • Need special notification about the need for evacuation, due to impairment.

The Disaster Registry provides the names and locations of people who need special assistance to fire, police, health, and rescue workers. Being on the Disaster Registry does not guarantee that you’ll get help first in a disaster. There are so many needs during a disaster that our fire fighters  and police can’t help everyone at once. But if your name is in the Disaster Registry, they will know of your need for special assistance.

If you want to be on the Disaster Registry, or if you want someone for whom you are legally responsible to be on it, please  complete a registration form.

To mail  a Disaster Registry application,  please print this form, fill it out, and mail  it  to this address: SDS RVCOG Disaster Registry, PO Box 3275, Central Point, OR 97502.

To email  a Disaster Registry application, please complete this online form (Note: Please download and save the form to your computer before completing) open/save on your computer and click on the “SUBMIT FORM” red button when you are finished.

Once we receive your application, it may take three months or more for your information to be available to rescue workers.

If you have any questions about the Disaster Registry, please call Senior & Disability Services of Rogue Valley Council of Governments at (541) 664-6674.

Please remember: Even if you are on the Disaster Registry, you should call 911 if you find yourself in a life-threatening situation.